You would not be reading this if you didn’t obsess over health and wellness like our team here atHavasu Nutrition. You also probably love to see and share tips for a healthy and happy life, so we are just going to keep these coming.
1. Disconnect Our company founder just did the all-inclusive package at the Mii amo spa resort in the middle of the desert in Sedona, Arizona. They show you how to leave the busy world behind and find harmony for mind, body and soul. The best part is, they equip you with the strategy to nurture yourself on your own after you leave those red rocks. Find your happy place. Wherever you need to go, disconnect as often as possible in this high-stress world -- even if it’s right there at home.
2. Intermittent fasting There are variations on this, but basically stop eating after dinner time and don’t eat again until 15 hours after that meal. Just sip on coffee in the morning if you want. It helps with weight control and inflammation if you eat less, and eating less is one way to live longer. My grandpa just left us at the age of 102, and he got that far in part by never overeating and dancing past the age of 100. You don’t find a large percentage of obese people in the octogenarian crowd . . . much less centenarian.
3. Prevention is better than cure Again, you would not be here reading this unless you were on the same page with this one. Keep looking for ways to avoid troubles that catch up to you later in life. Think beyond yourself. How you take care of your own health will affect your family and other people who care about you. Do you have kids who will follow your example? Take Multivitamin and Elderberry Gummies, and give your children Multivitamin and Elderberry Gummies for Kids. Do you have people who rely on you? Sometimes, the single most important motivation to safeguarding your health is the person you care most about. Havasu has a full line of popular supplements that each help you and your family to long-term healthy lives.
4. Eat smart and take long walks With the deluge of unhealthy food easily accessible to everyone, actually eating real food is not that easy. But this is undeniably one of the—if not the—best health advice you’d ever get. And we’re not done yet. The second part of this advice is to get moving. For the majority of us holding a desk job, remind yourself to get up at least once every hour and get moving for two to five minutes. Sure, working out at the gym is fantastic, but our bodies are meant to move throughout the day. Spending the entire day seated behind your desk—even if you do go to the gym three times a week—is still bad for your health. A sedentary lifestyle can lead to cardiovascular problems and cause other chronic conditions.
5. Brush up! Many people don't brush their teeth properly. While not brushing regularly can obviously cause a lot of damage to your teeth and gums, incorrect brushing can cause just as much damage. Whether it’s not brushing long enough, forgetting to floss, or not seeing a dentist regularly, improper dental care can cause damage you’ll regret for the rest of your life. Adults only grow one set of teeth, after all. Ruin them, and they’re ruined for life. Check out these tips to keeping your teeth healthy!
6. Forgive yourself Sounds very much like advice from a “Dear Abby” column, I know. But do you know that the root cause of a large number of chronic diseases is stress due to an inability to forgive yourself and let go of past hurts and bitterness? And because we just can’t let go, the stress can lead to heart diseases, hypertension, cancer, reproductive issues, and more. Learn to forgive yourself and those who have wronged you. Crap happens. And life isn’t always fair. But you need to learn to deal and move on.
7. Get 7-8 hours’ sleep Yes, yes, it does sound like something your mother would say. And she’s absolutely right! Regular lack of sleep or simply neglecting sleep altogether (no matter the reason!) wreaks havoc on your physical and mental health and well-being.
8. Stretch before getting started each morning Everybody says this. Stretching when you wake up and before getting out of bed in the morning helps boost circulation, aids digestion, and alleviates back pain. When you stretch, hold the position for at least 30 seconds, inhale deeply, and don't bounce or push yourself into position.
9. Never smoke We all know that smoking increases the risks of cancer and heart disease, and the danger is even worse now during the pandemic. In addition, orthopedic experts have discovered that smoking speeds up the loss of bone density and restricts blood flow. So if you smoke, do whatever you can to quit. And if you’re trying to quit, stop trying and do it. Eventually your lungs will be happily pink again. If you never have smoked, then congratulate yourself and keep it up.
10. Meditate Meditation is massively important to your well-being. Remember what we said in tip No. 1? Disconnect and center yourself. Cross your legs, straighten your back, put your arms outright and touch your index finger to your thumb on each hand. Listen to Mii Amo's Meditation Series here. Find your happy place. Find your mantras. Find yourself and get your mind off of the things that stress you out.
At Havasu Nutrition, our goal is simple: to provide you with supplements to fuel your body, mind, and soul, made from the best ingredients Mother Nature has to offer. For most of us, our days are jam-packed with work, family, and endless to-do lists, which means we don’t always have the time to get the nutrients and vitamins we need. At Havasu, we see physical health as a piece of the puzzle for overall happiness and wellness, and we want to help you maintain optimal health with supplements that fill in the gaps, and provide you with nutrients that are essential for physical and mental performance.