It’s all messy. The hair. The bed. The words. The heart. Life. – William Leal
Unexpected things happen. We make plans, put things in order, but at the end of the day, not everything works out the way we plan it to. We can’t arrange life into neat little folders, file them away, and expect that everything will go according to plan.
It can be overwhelming, trying to manage different situations at the same time. It’s a lot of clutter to deal with, to be honest. It can drain your mental faculties; prevent you from being able to think clearly and making smart decisions.
It doesn’t have to be that way, however.
You can de-clutter your brain and un-fog your mind. Here’s how!
1. Watch your diet. Bad diet can result in a foggy brain. Unbalanced sugar levels can affect brain function. So steer clear of processed and junk food. Eat healthy.
2. Stay active. Get some exercise! It will clear your mind better than any other activity. When you exercise your body, you free your mind from troubles.
3. De-clutter your life. Sometimes, there’s just too much going on in your life that you forget what’s important. Minimize undertakings that are not really necessary. It’s so easy to get weighed down by activities that you’re used to doing, without recognizing that they don’t really matter that much. Simplify your life and get rid of the nonessentials.
4. Use checklists. Making mental notes to remind yourself of things you need to do later consumes a considerable amount of mental resources. Note them down so you don’t have to maintain mental lists. It’ll save a huge part of your brain’s precious real estate.
5. One thing at a time. While multi-tasking is usually considered a good thing, it’s actually way more efficient to single task because it reduces errors and allows you to work faster. Finish a task prior to accomplishing the next one. You’ll achieve more this way.
6. Learn to make quick decisions. When possible, don’t delay making decisions because they’ll just bottle up in your mind. Learn to make decisions fast, and stand by them.
7. Allow your mind some timeout. At least a few minutes each day, give your mind a rest. That means doing and thinking of nothing. No internet, no phone, no reading, no watching TV. Just allow yourself time to recharge.
8. Prioritize. There’s only so much you can do in a day. Deal with the most urgent or most important items first work from there.
9. Perform a good deed. Sometimes, it helps to not focus on yourself too much. Helping someone else can give you a fresh, new perspective on the things that are going on in your life. Feels good, too!
10. Get adequate sleep. Adults need 7-9 hours of sleep a day. Lack of sleep can muddle your brain and give you difficulty focusing. This will inevitably impact your performance at work or in school.
Life can get cluttered. Your thoughts can get tangled. But there are steps you can take to unclutter and de-tangle them.
For more brain health support, try our Ginkgo Biloba, carefully formulated to support brain function and help you be your best, so you can focus on what’s important!
News & updates from Havasu. No spam, we promise.
We want to help you reach your personal best
At Havasu Nutrition, our goal is simple: to provide you with supplements to fuel your body, mind, and soul, made from the best ingredients Mother Nature has to offer. For most of us, our days are jam-packed with work, family, and endless to-do lists, which means we don’t always have the time to get the nutrients and vitamins we need. At Havasu, we see physical health as a piece of the puzzle for overall happiness and wellness, and we want to help you maintain optimal health with supplements that fill in the gaps, and provide you with nutrients that are essential for physical and mental performance.
Join Our Mailing List
Get updates through our weekly newsletter
SIGN UP FOR EXCLUSIVE UPDATES, NEW ARRIVALS AND INSIDER-ONLY DISCOUNTS