Life isn’t easy. And many times, it can be stressful.
If you sometimes feel the overwhelming urge to scream as you grapple with multiple tasks that need to be accomplished, as if you’re balancing multiple balls in the air while running a marathon—
If you’ve been struggling to finish up with a to-do list that seriously looks like an enormous web of tangled yarn—
If you feel like your mind is spinning like a top, trying to process information that even an i9 processor would have difficulty processing—
You are not alone.
Been there, many times. And under all that stress, you can’t help but be irritable. Snappish. Quick to anger. Even go on beast mode, from time-to-time.
Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us.
But that doesn’t mean, we want it to happen. Or that we should keep letting it happen! I mean, I for one, wouldn’t to be the office grouch. Or the constant mood killer at home. It would really suck if nobody wanted me around for fear I’d snap their heads off.
Wouldn’t it be great if we could deal with adversity and challenges with grace, reason, good spirits, and not transform into a creature that resembles the Tazmanian Devil? Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be stress free?
Indeed, it would be awesome. And it can be done!
Here are ten simple rules that can help keep you calm and coolheaded in stressful situations:
- Take Deep Breaths. You can actually reduce stress by doing breathing exercises. Try breathing from your abdomen. Breathe deeply, slowly. Feel all the tension leaving your body. And then go on ahead and do what you need to do.
- Be Mindful. Seek a peaceful place where you can sit down and get away from distracting thoughts. Stay in the present and don’t get distracted by anything else other than what you need to do.
- Don't Rush. Slow down a bit. Breathe. You can achieve more if you clarify your priorities. Concentrate on one task at a time. And pause to take a break in between.
- Be Kind to Yourself. Don’t be so tough on yourself—especially when you're having a bad day. You can only do so much. No recriminations. Instead, take a warm bath to relax your body or listen to soft music to heal your mind.
- Believe in Yourself. Don’t entertain doubts about yourself. Positive self-talk only! Send yourself uplifting messages when you talk to yourself. Don’t be talking to yourself aloud, though, or people would think you’re having hallucinations and that would be bad. *cheeky grin
- Cherish your Relationships. Spend time with loving and supportive friends and family. Take the time to talk to them, laugh with them, bond with them. They will keep you grounded.
- Find Fulfillment in Meaningful Undertakings. Spend time doing things that create a sense of fulfillment, whether it’s in your job or hobbies. And no, tweeting on Twitter or watching YouTube channels are not to be considered meaningful activities.
- Stay Positive. Optimism will increase your ability to bounce back from difficulties and failures. Bad things happen so we need to have the ability to get back up after each fall, shake it off, and go on and do what we have to do.
- Be Thankful. Be grateful for what you have. Count your blessings. Show others how much they mean to you. Find ways to express your appreciation.
- Have Faith. Believe in something greater than yourself. Think about your purpose and beliefs. Get inspired!
Life can get very messy. But you can face the mess without going on beast mode. You can deal with challenges with grace, class, and a calm mind.
The simple choices you make daily can help introduce more peace and harmony into your life and the life of others around you.
One of those choices could be Havasu’s DHEA supplement, a truly effective mood-enhancer, as numerous people have sworn by. Another would be our all-natural Ashwagandha Capsules, known for its ability to calm and balance nerves and help your body manage stress. Check them here for more information! Stay stress free!