Homemade Treatments for Great Skin
Part 1: Moisturize
“I’m a big believer in that if you focus on good skincare, you really won’t need a lot of makeup.” – Demi Moore
If you’re like me who has scoured the internet to find magical ways to get great skin, you know that there are tons and tons of facial creams, washes, and moisturizers out there that claim to perform such miracle.
But not everyone can afford them.
This is why I thought we could find some effective, relatively inexpensive ways to use as homemade treatments for great skin. For sure, you already have items or products in your home that we can use and won’t cost you much!
And because there are just so many great options out there, this is going to be a 3-part Natural Skin Treatment series, starting with Moisturizing. I’m excited! I hope you are, too!
Are you ready? Let’s go!
1. Coconut Oil Moisturizer
This homemade lotion will keep your skin healthy and moisturized even in winter! And hey, it also makes for a great gift if you package it nicely!
½ cup Coconut Oil (for its anti-aging and moisturizing properties)
1 teaspoon of liquid Vitamin E (helps reduce scar tissue, acne, and other skin blemishes)
12 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (as an antioxidant to help rid your skin of free radicals and provides a relaxing fragrance to the mixture)
- Pour ½ cup of coconut oil in a small jar (approximately 8 oz.)
- Place the jar over a bowl of hot water to melt the coconut oil. Make sure the water doesn’t get into the jar.
- Stir the coconut oil to a liquid consistency.
- Add 1 teaspoon of liquid Vitamin E.
- Put 12 drops of Lavender Essential oil. Stir.
- Remove the jar from the bowl of hot water.
- Cover the jar and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Hydrating Egg Face Lift
The protein from eggs, when absorbed by your skin, helps with hydration, addressing acne scars, and enhancing your skin’s texture. Plus, it’s so easy to do even for a busy person like you!
1 egg (use entire egg for dry skin, just egg white for oily skin)
Wet face towel
Optional: Vitamin E capsule
You will also need:
1 facial brush (if you don’t already have one, you can easily get one in a craft store for a really cheap price!)
- Wet a towel and heat in a microwave for 30 seconds. This is to open up your pores.
- Place the heated towel over your face for a couple of minutes, then set the towel aside.
- Take the egg (and if needed, separate the egg white and the yolk).
- Whip up the egg/or egg whites until it turns a little frothy.
- Using the facial brush, take some mixture and brush it all over your face.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes. This will help tighten and tone your skin.
- Wipe the mixture off with the warm towel.
If you need extra hydration, open up the Vitamin E capsule and squeeze the oil all over your skin. Or if you have Hyaluronic Acid, you can apply that instead. Either way, it will make your skin moist and dewy.
The thing is, it’s not just a woman’s skin that should be nourished. Men’s skin actually needs the same tender care as women’s.
Try either (or both!) of these DIY treatments and let me know how it works out for you in the comments section below!
Thanks to these awesome sources!