It's super easy! Try these 6 quick and simple steps to de-stress:
1. In your bare feet or with socks on, spread your feet hip-wide apart, ensuring that your feet stand parallel to each other.
2. Inhale while slowly with your arms stretched out to the sides, parallel to the floor. Breathe out. Inhale again, slowly raising your arms high over your head. Feel the sensations in your muscles as you do this.
3. Breathing in and out normally, continue to stretch upward, fingertips gently reaching towards the ceiling and feet firmly planted on the floor. Again, make sure to feel the sensations in your joints and muscles.
4. Exhale as you slowly lower your arms to your sides. Continue to feel the changing sensations as you move.
5. This time, allow your arm and foot to work together. With your next breath, stretch each arm upwards, as if your hand is reaching out for something. Do this one side at a time while allowing the heel of your foot to come off the floor. Extend well until you feel the sensations through your body going from your fingers to your toes.
Do this slowly and as you carefully drop your arms to the side, tune in to how it feels to release the weight of each arm.
6. Roll your shoulders with your arms by your side. Lift your shoulders close to your ears before rolling them backward, drawing your shoulder blades together as they will go without hurting yourself. Slowly lower them completely.
Allow your breath to determine the speed of rotation. Continue rolling as smoothly and mindfully as possible, forward and then backward.
Should you find yourself carried away by the intensity of your thoughts, feelings, or the physical sensations of the exercise, gently reconnect to the moment by refocusing your attention on the movements, on your breathing, and sense of oneness of your body and being.
It’s not that hard, is it? Believe me, the feeling of peace after you’ve done these simple steps are well worth it! And it’s not going to take you more than 5 minutes to do it!
Life can be tough, but there are ways to help manage stress!
If you need help enhancing clarity, focus, and memory, check out our NeuroIgnite, a memory, energy, and mood booster and focus supplement that is natural and caffeine-free.
Do you have other tips and tricks that can help ease stress and boost brain focus? We’d be super interested to hear from you!
At Havasu Nutrition, our goal is simple: to provide you with supplements to fuel your body, mind, and soul, made from the best ingredients Mother Nature has to offer. For most of us, our days are jam-packed with work, family, and endless to-do lists, which means we don’t always have the time to get the nutrients and vitamins we need. At Havasu, we see physical health as a piece of the puzzle for overall happiness and wellness, and we want to help you maintain optimal health with supplements that fill in the gaps, and provide you with nutrients that are essential for physical and mental performance.